Home-School Agreement Partnership:
At Burry Port Community Primary School, we believe that a strong partnership between the school and the parents or guardians is in the best interests of pupils. For this reason, we ask you to enter into an Agreement of Partnership with us.
Parents or guardians, like the school, have duties towards the children. We set out these duties below as pledges, and include pledges for your child as well:
Pledges for the Parent(s) or Guardian(s):
I/we promise that having chosen Burry Port Infant and Junior schools,will accept the school’s overall aims and objectives, and positively support the class teacher.
I/we will endeavour to:
- Ensure regular attendance and punctuality, and provide explanations for absence
- Support high standards of work and behaviour
- Ensure school has up-to-date information for emergency contact
- Keep the school informed on end-of-day child collection arrangements, and support the code of conduct, which seeks to guarantee a caring, secure and disciplined environment
- Let school know of any problems which might affect my/our child's work or behaviour
- Attend parent-teacher consultations about my/our child's attainments and progress
- Encourage my/our child in homework and other opportunities for home learning
- Support school community events
- Support all school policies
Pledges for the School:
We will do our best to make you feel welcome and needed at school, and to give you every opportunity to be involved in our teaching and learning programmes. We will give you regular information about your child’s progress in acquiring knowledge and skills, and we will give you early notice of any concerns we may have about learning, behaviour or relationships. We will seek in every way to give your child an excellent education, both academic and social.
The School will endeavour to:
- Set high standards, and provide a quality education for your childEncourage your child to reach his/her full potential in all aspects of school life
- Listen, respect and act upon the views of the children, where appropriate
- Care for your child as a valued member of the school community, irrespective of gender, race or religion.
- Maintain a code of conduct which fosters a caring, secure and disciplined environment
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum, matched to the needs of all
- Keep parents and guardians informed about any changes in the policies of the school, and about general school matters
- Extend quality care to everyone connected with the school.
Pledges for the Pupil:
In order for this agreement of partnership between my parent(s) /guardians(s) and my school to be successful, I must:
- Attend school regularly, on time and ready to learn and take part in school activities
- Co-operate with the staff and accept the school’s authority and rules of conduct
- Work to the best of my ability, and allow others to do the same
- Strive to make my parent(s)/guardian(s) and the school proud of me
- Consider and respect the feelings and property of other people in school and in the wider community
- Care for the grounds, buildings, furniture, equipment and books provided at school.
By working together we aim to enable your child to enjoy a positive and fulfilling experience at school, thereby helping all the children at our schools to achieve their full potential.